Thursday, 2 April 2020

Preface

On this auspicious occasion of Ram Navami,   I am starting my story about my journey of life so far. I have been inspired by my son to put in writing my thoughts and experiences for sharing with others. 

I was also inspired by courage of my father in early part of his life, when he started the poetic  translation in Hindi of the epic "Aabhigyan Shaakuntalam" written by the Great Kalidasa. He also mustered the courage to lay the foundation of a school at our native place, Nangal Choudhury (Haryana) to be built by community donations. My father could not carry on the translation part due to financial stress in the family as he was too much involved in business, where too he had to struggle and was not having a stable source of Income. As regards school, differences cropped up in the community and one section powered by money build up a school building at another place, though on the then outskirts of village. However, one friend of my father came to the rescue and completed the school where my father laid the foundation. Being located at central place, it got recognized from authorities. Later on the school built by rival sect was also recognized and used for conducting higher classes. My father may not have fulfilled the dream of community-donated school, But the Village, which thought of a school in early 1950s today boasts of even Girls College. Even during later part of life, i.e. in his fifties, he learnt English to supplement his scholarly knowledge of Sanskrit. I was really overwhelmed by some people talking about me and my nephew strolling the lanes of village- "Who are these boys? another replied- Son of Netaji has come yesterday." This was about more than 20 years after my father was inactive in the village. He was never been a MP, MLA or even Sarpanch in village. But he was called Netaji. It jolted my young mind and my respect for my father grew many times over.

I myself is a very happy go person and people could not make out my struggles and consider me a rich. To compensate some of my father's vision, I am also working on a project with a NGO Bosepukur Srishti Welfare Foundation for uplifting meritorious students from deprived section studying in Government Schools. I am calling it as a project, as we are still not sure how much we are successful in raising their standards. But some achievements make us proud, like the news when one of our scholars get admitted for Medical or doing B Tech with IIT Kanpur, Jadavpur University and IIEST, Shibpur. Some of our scholars have also been selected for Free Coaching for NEET by IIT Kharagpur Alumni with Narayana Hrudayalaya. We are also proud that one of our scholar is doing MSc with Integrated PhD at IIT Kharagpur.

I want to share my journey till today to become a partner in a medium sized firm of Chartered Accountants. Though it appears rosy, but my life is full of struggles and lost opportunities. I hope my story of struggles in my life will help the coming generation of stay focused and grab the opportunities in time.




No comments:

Post a Comment